Reduce is an iPhone and iPad app that lets you batch resize your photos and images to be optimized for the web. You simply select the photos you wish to resize, set the dimensions and file size limit, and Reduce will batch-process them for you and drop them into a new album in the Photos app.
When choosing the sizing options for your photos, Reduce lets you set the number of pixels for width, height, longest side, or shortest side. You can also set the max file size or jpeg quality as well as automatically sharpen the images to avoid softness that is often associated with resizing.
If you'd like to add a simple text watermark to your image, Reduce lets you do that as well. You can choose the font type and size, location, border and more for your watermark. And if you plan to use Reduce for multiple purposes, say two different blogs, you can create presets to quickly apply the settings that are appropriate for your intended use.
Once you've got all the settings how you want, you simply hit Start and Reduce gets to work. It processes all your images and drops them into a new folder in the Photos app that you can then use with any other app.
- Batch-process multiple images
- Resize the image to a specific dimension
- Auto-detection of the needed jpeg quality for a given file size
- Alternatively use a fixed jpeg quality
- Optionally sharpen the image to avoid softness caused by the resizing
- Choose if you want to remove EXIF data like GPS position or the used camera settings
- Add a watermark or description to your photos
- Use a border to separate your photos from the background
- Reduce integrates with your photo albums, but the albums are not named
The bottom line
Reduce is a fantastic tool for bloggers who regularly use their iPhone or iPad to share photos to their website. Correctly sizing photos has always been one of the annoying aspects of blogging with my iOS device, but now it's easy with Reduce!
- $1.99 - Download now