What you need to know
- There's a $400 Mac Pro leather saddle.
- It's $400.
- And it's a leather saddle. For your Mac Pro.
Just when you thought Apple's $400 Mac Pro wheels were as mental as things could get, someone went out and made a Mac Pro Gear Saddle. And yes, that's exactly as ludicrous as it sounds.
Backing up a bit, here's what a Mac Pro Gear Saddle is. Beyond $400-worth of madness.
- Crafted from premium, full-grain saddle leather.
- Includes a removable Gear Pouch (Medium) for additional storage.
- Drapes over the steel and aluminum frame of Apple's Mac Pro without blocking the handle or On/Off switch.
- The two thick leather straps that go over the top of the Mac pro are lined with rubber grips to steady the saddle.
- Both sides have seven pockets in four different sizes to hold various-sized tech gear.
- Bottom pocket holds the Medium Gear Pouch and other horizontal gear.
- Snap-on closure secures the bottom side pocket.
So yes, this is a saddle for your Mac Pro and you put stuff in it. Why? I'm not really sure, but I must admit it looks pretty good. In an appreciation of cool leather products kind of way. But definitely not in any kind of way that involves handing over $400 for one.