Apple has pushed a fresh update to Logic Pro X for Mac, bringing along a number of new features and the addition of new traditional Chinese instrument and loop selections. Most notably, a number of plug-ins now support Retina resolutions, which should make for a much better experience for those working on a Retina display.
Here's the full breakdown of what's new in Logic Pro X version 10.2.3:
- Crossfades between comp sections in Take Folders can now be graphically edited
- Improves sound quality for Flex Pitch editing
- 7 additional plug-ins have been redesigned to add Retina support and improve usability
- New Loudness Meter plug-in provides support for LUFS metering
- Nudge controls can now be used to edit the position of selected automation points
- Icons for Drum Machine Designer cells are now user assignable
- All Alchemy presets now include names for Transform Pad snapshots
- 3 new traditional Chinese instrument Patches for pipa, erhu and percussion
- Over 300 new Chinese instrument Apple Loops
- Ability to enable click zones for Take Folders to provide simultaneous access to editing and Quick Swipe Comping
- Multiple additional enhancement and stability improvements
The update follows a similar push for Chinese instruments in GarageBand earlier this year with an update that also included a number of new loops and traditional sounds.
The update is free for current users and can be downloaded from the Mac App Store now. If you're interested in buying Logic Pro X, however, you can do so for $199 at the link below.
- $199.99 - Download Now
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!