What you need to know
- Apple has announced the winners of its Apple Music Awards, including 'Artist of the Year', which was won by Lil Baby.
- Apple will celebrate the awards the week of December 14, with special performances and more to be live-streamed.
Apple has today announced the winners of its second annual Apple Music Awards, with Lil Baby taking home the top prize of 'Artist of the Year'.
In a press release Thursday the company stated:
The winners were as follows:
- Artist of the Year: Lil Baby
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year: Megan Thee Stallion
- Songwriter of the Year: Taylor Swift
- Top Song of the Year: "The Box" by Roddy Ricch
- Top Album of the Year: "Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial" by Roddy Ricch
Apple's Music Awards are specially designed Apple silicon wafers, housed in a sheet of glass and aluminum:
Apple says it will celebrate its Apple Music Awards with a week of special performances, fan events, interviews, and more, all to be live-streamed the week of December 14.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Stephen Warwick has written about Apple for five years at iMore and previously elsewhere. He covers all of iMore's latest breaking news regarding all of Apple's products and services, both hardware and software. Stephen has interviewed industry experts in a range of fields including finance, litigation, security, and more. He also specializes in curating and reviewing audio hardware and has experience beyond journalism in sound engineering, production, and design.
Before becoming a writer Stephen studied Ancient History at University and also worked at Apple for more than two years. Stephen is also a host on the iMore show, a weekly podcast recorded live that discusses the latest in breaking Apple news, as well as featuring fun trivia about all things Apple. Follow him on Twitter @stephenwarwick9