The third major update to OS X Yosemite adds the new Photos app. Photos for Mac lets you manage your iCloud Photo Library, lets you browse, organize, and edit your photos, syncing your changes over to your other devices. Find out more about the app in our Photos for Mac FAQ.
OS X 10.10.3 also adds support for Google's two-step verification and adds Spotlight suggestions to Look Up. There are also more than 300 new emoji characters. You can check out the full set of changes in OS X 10.10.3 in the list below:
The OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 update includes the new Photos app and improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
With Photos you can:
- Browse your photos by time and location in Moments, Collections, and Years views
- Navigate your library using convenient Photos, Shared, Albums, and Projects tabs
- Store all of your photos and videos in iCloud Photo Library in their original format and in full resolution
- Access your photos and videos stored in iCloud Photo Library from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iCloud.com with any web browser
- Perfect your photos with powerful and easy-to-use editing tools that optimize with a single click or slider, or allow precise adjustments with detailed controls
- Create professional-quality photo books with simplified bookmaking tools, new Apple-designed themes, and new square book formats
- Purchase prints in new square and panoramic sizes
It's easy to upgrade your iPhoto library to Photos - just launch the app to get started. To learn more about Photos, please visit: https://www.imore.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fapple.sjv.io%2Fc%2F221109%2F473657%2F7613%3FsubId1%3DUUimUdUnU31033%26subId2%3Ddim%26u%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.apple.com%252Fmacos%252Fphotos%252F%26ourl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.apple.com%252Fosx%252Fphotos%252F%253Fafid%253Dp239%25257C159229%2526cid%253Daos-us-aff-ir%2526subId1%253DUUimUdUnU31033%2526subId2%253Ddim&token=Bs-KPgC6
This update also includes the following improvements:
- Adds over 300 new Emoji characters
- Adds Spotlight suggestions to Look up
- Prevents Safari from saving website favicon URLs used in Private Browsing
- Improves stability and security in Safari
- Improves WiFi performance and connectivity in various usage scenarios
- Improves compatibility with captive Wi-Fi network environments
- Fixes an issue that may cause Bluetooth devices to disconnect
- Improves screen sharing reliability
The update weighs in at 1.52GB, and can be found in the Updates section of the Mac App Store right now.
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
2.02 GB for my latest model 21.5 2.6GHz i5 iMac.
Can I create an IKEv2 VPN yet?
So you have the duck look that girls normally use, and on iMore, we have the fish out of water look from the iMore girls... Posted via the iMore App for Android
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.