What you need to know
- Apple released iOS 13.6.1 yesterday, fixing three specific bugs.
- One of those bugs saw some users experience a green iPhone screen issue.
- The update's release notes claim to have fixed it.
Apple released iOS 13.6.1 to the public yesterday and while it wasn't the biggest update we've seen, it did fix three particular bugs. One of them relates to the weird green screen issue some people were experiencing with their iPhones.
According to the iOS 13.6.1 release notes, there were three bugs squashed this time around, but it's the middle one that we're most interested in here.
- Addresses an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low
- Fixes a thermal management issue that caused some displays to exhibit a green tint
- Fixes an issue where Exposure Notifications could be disabled for some users
When we last wrote about the screen tint issue nobody had any idea what was causing it, although it seemed to have been introduced alongside the iOS 13.4.1 update. It's taken a couple of months, but Apple now seems to have gotten to the bottom of it!
Shout out in the comments if you had this problem and let us know if this update fixes it for you! Fingers crossed for all of you!
New bug resets the default iOS 14 mail app, but is it iOS or Gmail's fault?
Is there a new bug affecting iOS 14's default app setting, or is this all Google's doing? You decide.
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is the best cat toy I've owned in a long time
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit allows you to race remote control cars and interact with augmented reality on Nintendo Switch, but is it actually worth buying?
Jonathan Morrison and WOLF transform Apple's MagSafe sound into a song
Jonathan Morrison teamed up with WOLF to transform Apple's new MagSafe charging sound into an incredibly catchy song.
The best stands to get the most use out of your iPad mini 5
Your new iPad mini 5 is ready to rock out with the Apple Pencil, but you may need one of these stands available at multiple price points.