Installed iOS 5 and the brand new Reminders app that comes built-in, and wondering how to create one of those fancy new location-based Reminders. Luckily, once you're inside the Reminders app it's dead simple to add a task. From there it's super simple to add a location based reminder.
Note: Location based Reminders only work with Lists that are
- First tap into the Reminders app and click the + sign in the upper right hand corner to add a new reminder (or you can simply use an existing reminder and add a location to it).
- By default the Reminders app just functions as a checklist of sorts with no default reminder time. To change this, tap into the reminder you just created or an already existing reminder.
- Under the reminder name tap into Remind Me.
- From there you have two reminder options - On a Day or At a Location. In this instance, you'll want to toggle At a Location to On.
- You can choose to have that reminder set for your current location or you can tap in and use any address you'd like.
- Once that's done you can choose whether you want the reminder to notify you when you leave or when you arrive at the location you specified in the previous step.
- Tap Done in the upper right hand corner and you're good to go!
When you arrive or leave the location you specified, you should receive a push notification.
Now, in my experience location based reminders seem to cause a bit of battery drain considering location services has to check consistently for your position. Keep that in mind and use time based Reminders when you can instead.
Have any other Reminders tips to share? Smart ways you've figured out to use it? Leave us a comment and let us know!
Daily Tips range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)
Apple picks up a $12 million fine over claims of iPhone water resistance
Apple is in the dog house in Italy after it picked up a fine over the way it advertises iPhones and their water resistance.
Get the Aviary Twitter app for just $1.99, today only!
You haven't lived until you've used a third-party Twitter app like Aviary. You want to live, don't you?
Apple's Cyber Monday iPhone SE sale essentially makes the price $290
The iPhone SE is already an incredible price, even without any discounts, but with Apple's Black Friday sale, you can get one for a song.
Never lose power on your iPod touch
It's essential to get a portable charger for your new iPod touch. Here are some of our favorites to get the job done.