Gneo is a new productivity app for both iPhone and iPad that aims to help you stay on top of tasks by prioritizing them accordingly. Anyone can simply make a todo list, but prioritizing that list is where most of us get stuck. This is where Gneo can help you be sure you're spending your time on the right things.
If you've ever heard of the Eisenhower Method of time management, certain parts of Gneo may look very familiar to you. The Work Canvas section looks very much like an Eisenhower Matrix that separates all your important/urgent and not important/not urgent tasks. The Work Canvas feeds in from your task list inside Gneo, which is what makes it unique from other time management apps. Just add all your tasks, decide how important they are, and Gneo can help you figure out the rest.
The task portion of Gneo is also incredibly intuitive and features lots of swipe gestures that make prioritizing and arranging tasks quick and easy. Tap the checkbox to mark a task as done or swipe left or right on it to view other options. For example, you can push tasks out a few days or add an urgency to them. I particularly like Gneo's method of assigning reminders as there are shortcuts for evening, afternoon, and morning so you can quickly add a time in one tap. If you need an exact time, you can of course add that too.
As far as organizing tasks, Gneo lets you create notebooks so you can separate tasks according to category if you'd like. It's up to you to decide how you want to use notebooks but there are lots of options. On one hand, you could have ones for work, home, and other types of items or you could fine tune notebooks even further and use a project-based workflow. For example, instead of having a general iMore notebook, I may choose to have separate notebooks for different projects such as how to's, app reviews, editorials, and more.
Gneo can also pull in from your Calendar app so you can view all your tasks and events in one place. Just tap the menu button from inside any section of Gneo to swipe between your calendar events, tasks, and Work Canvas section.
- Easy to use interface that's just as easy to navigate as it is to input data
- Best execution of the Eisenhower Method of time management I've seen so far
- Completely useable as an all-in-one task, calendar, and time management app
- Evernote integration for reminders, tags, notes, and more
- Cloud backup so tasks are always in sync between iPhone and iPad
- Built in goals section is a nice bonus area to remind yourself of personal goals
- Cloud sync relies on creating an account with Gneo, not a deal breaker but iCloud sync would be a welcome addition
- Shared task lists are missing, many users would really need this to consider ruling out the Reminders app altogether
The bottom line
There are lots of really great task apps out there but none of them attack the issue of time management as well as Gneo does. If prioritizing is where you fall short, I'd highly suggest giving Gneo a long hard look.
- $4.99 - Download Now
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.