What you need to know
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is a mobile game developed by Niantic, the developers of Pokémon GO.
- The game is set to shut down on January 31, 2021.
- The game will also be removed from app stores on December 6, 2021.
Fans of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will have to find another place to practice witchcraft and wizardry, as the game is set to shut down. This mobile game was developed by Niantic, the development team behind the mobile gaming juggernaut that is Pokémon GO.
Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will officially close on January 31, 2022 and will be removed from app stores on December 6, 2021. Join us to put an end to the Calamity. More details here: https://t.co/WQwWkgepVv pic.twitter.com/Su2odByNcdHarry Potter: Wizards Unite will officially close on January 31, 2022 and will be removed from app stores on December 6, 2021. Join us to put an end to the Calamity. More details here: https://t.co/WQwWkgepVv pic.twitter.com/Su2odByNcd— Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (@HPWizardsUnite) November 2, 2021November 2, 2021
Unfortunately, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite failed to put a charming spell on general audiences in the same way that Pokémon GO did. However, the game does intend to go out with a bang. These gameplay changes take place as of November 2, 2021:
- All Daily Assignments rewards will increase
- All Potion brew times will reduce by 50% with Master Notes
- A removal of the daily cap on sending and opening Gifts
- Players can earn 3x XP from Barrufio's Brain Elixir potion
- More frequent appearances of 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus and double the Fragment rewards
- More frequent appearances of Spell Energy and Ingredients on the map
A plethora of events are also taking place up until the end of the game:
- Dolores Umbridge Lethal Adversaries Event
- Half-Blood Prince Brilliant Event Part 1
- Lucius Malfoy Lethal Adversaries Event
- Half-Blood Prince Brilliant Event Part 2
- Bellatrix Lethal adversaries Event
- Horcrux Hunt Part 2
- Voldemort Lethal Adversaries Event
- Deathly Hallows Brilliant Event Part 1
- Holiday Event
- Deathly Hallows Brilliant Event Part 2
- More information to come soon.
Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will be unavailable for re-download on mobile app stores on December 6, 2021, and will be completely shut down on January 31, 2022. Players won't be able to make in-app purchases as of December 6, 2021 as well.
Gaming on-the-go or at home
No matter where you are, no matter what your interests encompass, there's an app for that. From games to finance to education, discover the world of Apple's App Store and customise your mobile experience to your liking!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Nadine is a freelance writer for iMore with a specialty in all things Nintendo, often working on news, guides, reviews, and editorials. She's been a huge Nintendo fan ever since she got to pet her very own Nintendog, and enjoys looking at Nintendo's place in the video game industry. Writing is her passion, but she mostly does it so that she can pay off her ever-growing debt to Tom Nook. Her favorite genres are simulation games, rhythm games, visual novels, and platformers. You can find her at @stopthenadness on Twitter, where she'll more than likely be reposting cute Animal Crossing content.