Authorizing an iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac, or PC on your iTunes account means you can uses it buy new apps, music, movies, TV Shows, and iBooks, re-download previous purchases, access iTunes Match and more. Because of licensing agreements, you can only have 10 devices total, and a maximum of 5 computers total, authorized on your iTunes account at any one time. Once you hit 10, you'll have to remove an old device to add a new one. If you give away, sell, or lose a device, you might want to remove it as well. Luckily the process it fairly straightforward and can be done right from iTunes on any Mac or PC.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of iTunes. In the menu, click on Account Info.
- Type in your iTunes password when prompted in order to continue.
- When your account loads, click on Manage Devices under the iTunes in the Cloud section.
- Click on Remove next to the devices you want to remove.
iMore senior editor from 2011 to 2015.
How to know the password to encrypt backup iCloud ? Sent from the iMore App
You forgot to hide your email username so now I have to just guess what domain are you using haha
Strange! My iPhone 6 Plus (which was restored from the backup of my previous device) is listed as iPhone 5s in my devices. I tried removing and renaming it but it still shows up with the wrong name. I guess it's a bug!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.