iOS 4.3 previewed at iPad 2 event, coming March 11
VP of iOS, Scott Forstall took the stage as part of Apple's iPad 2 event to show off more features for iOS 4.3:
- iTunes Home Sharing so you can stream from your Mac or Windows PC right to your iPad.
- AirPlay is improved to allow all apps and websites to support video as well as audio.
- Personal Hotspot (iPhone 4 only). Turn your iPhone 4 into a mobile Wi-Fi connection and router.
- Photobooth, the popular Mac app, is coming to iOS
- FaceTime for iPad. Looks like iPhone 4.
So not much we haven't seen before in our iOS 4.3 walkthrough...
But at least we got a release date: March 11 for iPad and GSM (AT&T) iPhone... but not Verizon iPhone?
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.