Announced on September 9th, 2015, the iPhone 6s Plus is available in silver, gold, rose gold, and space grey finishes. The 5.5-inch retina device — alongside the 4.7-inch iPhone 6s — features 3D Touch. 3D Touch not only recognizes typical gestures, but also force gestures. It gives shortcuts on the homescreen to frequent actions, and also inside apps.
The iPhone 6s Plus features a 12MP iSight camera, as well as a 5MP Facetime camera with flash. For better color performance, the new iSight camera has its color filters inside photo diodes, and deep trench isolation separates diodes for more color precision. The new camera features 4K video support and the ability to take 63MP panoramic photos.
Both the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will also use the new A9 processor, which is 70% faster than the A8 processor found in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. It's also 90% faster for its GPU performance.
iPhone 6s Plus specs
- Capacity: 16GB / 64GB / 128GB
- Operating System: iOS 9
- Weight: 6.77 ounces (192 grams)
- Dimensions: 158.22mm x 77.9 mm x 7.3mm
- Display: 5.5" Retina HD display with 3D Touch, LED-backlit widescreen, 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi, 1300:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- Chip: A9 chip with 64-bit architecture, Embedded M9 motion coprocessor
- Talk time: Up to 24 hours on 3G
- Internet use: Up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 12 hours on LTE, up to 12 hours on Wi‑Fi
- HD video playback: Up to 14 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 80 hours
- Standby time: Up to 16 days
- iSight Camera: New 12-megapixel iSight camera with 1.22µ pixels, Live Photos, Autofocus with Focus Pixels, Optical image stabilization (iPhone 6s Plus only), True Tone flash, Panorama (up to 63 megapixels), Auto HDR for photos, Exposure control, Burst mode, Timer mode, ƒ/2.2 aperture, Five-element lens, Hybrid IR filter, Backside illumination sensor, Sapphire crystal lens cover, Auto image stabilization, Improved local tone mapping, Improved noise reduction, Face detection, Photo geotagging
- Video Recording: 4K video recording (3840 by 2160) at 30 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, 720p HD video recording at 30 fps, Optical image stabilization for video (iPhone 6s Plus only), True Tone flash, Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps, Time-lapse video with stabilization, Cinematic video stabilization (1080p and 720p), Continuous autofocus video, Improved noise reduction, Take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video, Playback zoom, 3x zoom, Face detection, Video geotagging
- FaceTime HD Camera: 5-megapixel photos, 720p HD video recording, Retina Flash, ƒ/2.2 aperture, Auto HDR for photos and videos, Backside illumination sensor, Exposure control, Burst mode, Timer mode, Face detection
- Touch ID: Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
- Apple Pay: Pay with your iPhone using Touch ID in stores and within apps
The iPhone 6s Plus is available in 16GB, 64GB, and 132GB models, priced at $299, $399, and $499 respectively. Pre-orders being on September 12th with the official release date of September 25th.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.