What you need to know
- It's Christmas, which means it's snowing in the Apple Store.
- You can fill the Apple Store app with snow by searching for three simple words.
Every Christmas Apple flicks a special Apple Store app switch. It doesn't make a new product available to buy, but that doesn't mean there isn't a fun time to be had. See, this switch makes it snow!
Only in the Apple Store app, mind.
Just as was the case in previous years, typing "Let it Snow" into the App Store app's search box is enough to fill your device's screen with snowflakes. Is it the best iPhone feature around? Probably not, but it's one that we all find ourselves grinning at every December.
Check out Rene's Instagram video to see why the snow isn't the only thing that's cool!
Want to get some snow of your own? Of course you do. Here's how it goes down.
- Open the Apple Store on an iPhone or iPad.
- Head to the Search tab and enter "let it snow" into the text field. No need for the quotes.
- Watch as snow falls from the top of your screen.
- As if that wasn't enough to fill your heart with joy, give your iPhone or iPad a shake and watch as it turns into a giant metal and glass snow globe.
Don't worry — you won't need to clean any of that snow up afterwards! This'll work just as well whether you're using a brand new iPhone 13 or something a little more vintage — have you tried it out yet?