With its latest update, popular translation app iTranslate is going pro. The app now includes an optional purchase for iTranslate Pro, which features offline translations, voice-to-voice conversations, and even an action extension for translations inside Safari and other apps.
Here's what people can expect with iTranslate 10:
- Offline translation mode.
- Voice-to-Voice conversations.
- Website translation including a nifty Safari extension.
- Verb conjugations in different tenses.
More New Features:
- Support for iOS offline voices.
- Full screen view.
- Actions toolbar for a quicker workflow.
- Handy paste button.
- Beautifully re-designed apps for iPhone and iPad.
- Nifty "Did you mean?" feature to help you correct typos.
- Smarter language detection.
- Improved Favorites & History.
- Improved language settings.
iTranslate Pro is available as an in-app purchase of $2.99. You'll find iTranslate 10 on the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
That in-app purchase is $2.99 a month or the cheaper option, $19.99 a year. I'll pass, but might be worth it if you travel a lot etc.
Yeah, I agree. I'm traveling to Poland soon, and it's worth it to me to pay the $3 for my week long trip. It's nice to dip in when I need it, and unsubscribe when I don't.
Doesn't Google Translate do this for free? Why would you want to pay for iTranslate?
Because you can translate while offline. Google doesn't do that.
Obviously you missed this article: http://www.imore.com/google-translate-offline-iphone-ipad
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.