What you need to know
- Level has announced a new keypad for use with its smart locks and bolts.
- The Level Keypad is available for $79 and can be installed almost anywhere.
Level has announced its latest smart home product, this time bringing people a new smart keypad that can be used to unlock the company's locks and bolts without the need for a phone.
Available to buy from the Level website for $79, the Level Keypad's real claim to fame is the fact that it can be installed pretty much anywhere. It's weatherproof, so that isn't a concern, and it doesn't need to be installed on the door that it will unlock — giving the ultimate in flexibility.
Like all good keypads, the Level Keypad can be used by anyone who had a code and those codes can be set up using an iPhone app. Need to give someone temporary access? Create them a six-digit code and they can unlock doors as they need and then access can be revoked just as easily, too.
Level lists the following main features:
- Access without phones or keys - with easy to create and share four to six-digit key codes, guests have a simple and convenient way to enter the home.
- Controlled entry system - homeowners can pick who, when, and what days a code can be used on the home, giving control and insight on when people enter and leave the residence.
- Maintain entryway design - Level Keypad is battery-powered, weatherproof, and connects to any Level Lock via Bluetooth, so it can be subtly installed anywhere within 30 feet of the device, freeing the entryway of additional bulk and giving homeowners complete design control.
Those who already have a Level setup can just add the Keypad without any fuss and installation is easy. Anyone who is buying a new lock at the same time as their Keypad can save $20 into the bargain as well.
The only negative here is that the Keypad only comes in one color, but the fact that it can be isntalled almost anywhere helps out there. If you already have Level's locks, the Keypad might just be a no-brainer.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.