What you need to know
- NBCUniversal's streaming service is now available.
- It features 13,000 hours of free programming.
- A premium tier unlocks even more content for $4.99 a month.
NBCUniversal's streaming service Peacock is out now on iOS and Apple TV.
The service, which became available to some Comcast subscribers in April, is now available on iOS and Apple TV, and operates a free tier and a premium tier.
The free tier includes 13,000 hours of programming, while the premium tier costs $4.99 a month and features over 20,000 hours of TV, movies, news, sports and other content produced by NBC Television, NBC News, and Universal.
The $4.99 tier will unlock extra content, and an extra five bucks on top of that will net you an almost totally ad-free experience. Shows include Everybody Hates Chris, Downton Abbey, Parks and Recreation, and Friday Night Lights.
With Peacock, from NBCUniversal, you can stream current hits, hundreds of timeless movies, and thousands of episodes of your favorite TV shows. Plus... timely news, live sports, and pop culture, updated daily.
Here's what you get with Peacock:
- Instant access to hundreds of movies from major Hollywood studios such as Universal, DreamWorks Animation, and Focus Features.
- Thousands of hours of iconic TV shows, including full seasons of buzzworthy faves, bingeworthy classics, and current-season NBC hits.
- Peacock Channels - playing your favorite movies, shows, and clips, 24-7. Scroll less and stream more with The Office Shorts, SNL Vault, Fallon Tonight, Seth Meyers Now, TODAY All Day, True Crime, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- A daily dose of live news, showcasing the best of NBC News, CNBC, MSNBC, and E! News; plus late night and pop culture to satisfy your FOMO.
- Live Sports, including the English Premier League.
- Kids' movies and shows, including brand-new seasons of Where's Waldo? and Curious George.
- Hit Spanish-language TV shows and news from Telemundo.
Peacock will work on Apple's 4th generation TV and upwards, as well as any iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or above. It will also work with Safari 12 and onwards on Mac.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Scribble Together gets the coolest iOS 14 App Clip we've seen so far
Scribble Together has released its new App Clip for Scribble Together, which will allow users to collaborate on a Scribble Together whiteboard even if they don't have the app.
TikTok is being banned in the U.S. from Sunday, September 20
The U.S. Department of Commerce will ban TikTok and WeChat from U.S app stores from Sunday.
Pick the best Eufy RoboVac for you with our handy guide
Eufy makes some pretty compelling robotic vacuums and there are a lot to choose from. With a vast difference between the lower end, more affordable models and the smarter, connected, high end options, there are many factors to consider when deciding which model would be best for your household. We have compared the best of Eufy's RoboVac range here so you can find the right one for you.