What you need to know
- NBCUniversal's streaming service is now available.
- It features 13,000 hours of free programming.
- A premium tier unlocks even more content for $4.99 a month.
NBCUniversal's streaming service Peacock is out now on iOS and Apple TV.
The service, which became available to some Comcast subscribers in April, is now available on iOS and Apple TV, and operates a free tier and a premium tier.
The free tier includes 13,000 hours of programming, while the premium tier costs $4.99 a month and features over 20,000 hours of TV, movies, news, sports and other content produced by NBC Television, NBC News, and Universal.
The $4.99 tier will unlock extra content, and an extra five bucks on top of that will net you an almost totally ad-free experience. Shows include Everybody Hates Chris, Downton Abbey, Parks and Recreation, and Friday Night Lights.
With Peacock, from NBCUniversal, you can stream current hits, hundreds of timeless movies, and thousands of episodes of your favorite TV shows. Plus... timely news, live sports, and pop culture, updated daily.
Here's what you get with Peacock:
- Instant access to hundreds of movies from major Hollywood studios such as Universal, DreamWorks Animation, and Focus Features.
- Thousands of hours of iconic TV shows, including full seasons of buzzworthy faves, bingeworthy classics, and current-season NBC hits.
- Peacock Channels - playing your favorite movies, shows, and clips, 24-7. Scroll less and stream more with The Office Shorts, SNL Vault, Fallon Tonight, Seth Meyers Now, TODAY All Day, True Crime, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- A daily dose of live news, showcasing the best of NBC News, CNBC, MSNBC, and E! News; plus late night and pop culture to satisfy your FOMO.
- Live Sports, including the English Premier League.
- Kids' movies and shows, including brand-new seasons of Where's Waldo? and Curious George.
- Hit Spanish-language TV shows and news from Telemundo.
Peacock will work on Apple's 4th generation TV and upwards, as well as any iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or above. It will also work with Safari 12 and onwards on Mac.
Satechi's new magnetic charging cable latches onto iPhone 12 like MagSafe
Satechi is showing that Apple isn't the only one that can make a magnetic charger.
Review: Razer's Hammerhead Pro earbuds are AirPods Pro for gamers
Razer is best known as a gaming brand, but it's been moving into more regular lifestyle products lately. The Hammerhead True Wireless Pro earbuds are the brand's answer to AirPods Pro, so how does it hold up?
Review: DJI's Pocket 2 is my perfect external camera
With the Pocket 2, you can head for the hills and leave your SLR camera behind, while still capturing high-quality video and photos.
Dive deep into Hyrulian lore with these great books
If you or someone you know is obsessed with The Legend of Zelda and just can't get enough, the fun doesn't stop at the games. There are plenty of books to satisfy your need for all things Zelda from comic books to artwork.