Image editing app Pixelmator has been updated for iPhone and iPad, adding a number of enhancements to the item selection process. In particular, there new quick selection and magnetic selection tools for you to use while editing photos.
Here are the new features you can expect from Pixelmator 2.3:
- The advanced Quick Selection Tool lets you make incredibly accurate selections.
- The smart Magnetic Selection Tool snaps precisely to the objects you trace.
- Many small, but awesome changes improve the selection experience on iOS.
And these are just a few of the many selection improvements you can expect in the update:
- When making selections, you can now tap Invert to invert your selection.
- The outline of selections made with the Color Selection Tool is more precise thanks to a content-aware smoothing algorithm, which can recognize hard and smooth edges.
- The all-new marching ants design improves performance and has ants that actually march around your selections.
- The Color Selection Tool is now faster (especially on older devices).
- Added a Create New selection mode, which is now the default.
- A live preview of your final selection is now shown when using the Add or Subtract selection modes.
- You can now transform selections in the Arrange pane – go to the Tools menu > Format > Arrange to find it.
Pixelmator 2.3 is available on the App Store now.
- $4.99 - Download Now
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.