This new release of QuarkXpress adds a number of new features to make the application faster and more powerful, including support for OS X Yosemite. QuarkXpress now has a 64-bit architecture, along with support for PDF/X-4 Output. There are also new automation tools, new options for ebooks, and more.
Check out the major changes below:
- 64-bit Architecture: QuarkXPress 2015 can now use all the RAM available on a user's computer to deliver performance improvements across the board from file handling and layout rendering to PDF export. Quark has also added multi-threading to the QuarkXPress text engine to further increase performance.
- PDF/X-4 Output: By using this latest standard, designers can maintain transparency to enable smaller files, faster output and higher quality print output. The exported PDF/X-4 files are certified by the same technology used inside Adobe Acrobat.
- Designer-controlled Automation: From the early days of style sheets, master pages, indexes and tables of content to more recent additions such as shared content, conditional styles and callouts, Quark has always focused on automation. QuarkXPress 2015 builds on this with:
- Automatic footnotes and endnotes
- A new, faster table tool for Excel integration with table styles
- Text variables for automatically populating reoccurring fields – such as running headers
- Fixed Layout eBooks with App-like Interactivity: QuarkXPress 2015 combines the best of reflowable eBooks (ePub) with interactive apps for a new digital output format. Users can create HTML5 fixed layout eBooks without any additional software or costs. The fixed layout eBook format (ePub3 or Amazon's KF8), displays pixel-perfect layouts without the complexity and cost of creating native apps.
There are also smaller additions and improvements, like a new orthogonal line tool, custom page sizes, and user-definable keyboard shortcuts.
QuarkXpress 2015 is available now. New users can purchase the software for $849, while current owners can upgrade from any previous version of $349.
- $849 - Download Now
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.