What you need to know
- Scosche has launched a new modular charging system for the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch.
- The BaseLynx Modular Charging System is an Apple Store exclusive.
- Customers can purchase individual modules or a kit that includes a preset collection of modules.
Popular accessory maker Scosche has launched a new modular charging system for the iPhone, iPad Apple Watch, and your other Apple accessories. Reported by 9to5Mac, the BaseLynx Modular Charging System (opens in new tab) was teased back in January but has now found its official release as an Apple Store exclusive.
The system, as its title alludes to, allows you to piece together a custom-built charging solution to fit the devices that you own. If you have an iPhone and Apple Watch, you can purchase two pieces rather than having to buy something that charges an iPad and Mac as well. It's a great idea and one that Apple has decided to get exclusive selling rights to. The Apple Store's product description even recommends it as a charging solution for third party accessories as well.
The pieces of the system range from a simple Qi charger for your iPhone or AirPods to a slated module to charge mutiple devices like an iPhone and iPad with a wired connection:
- Scosche BaseLynx Vertical Charging Station (opens in new tab): $49.95
- Scosche BaseLynx Wireless Charging Pad (opens in new tab): $49.95
- Scosche BaseLynx Watch Charger (opens in new tab): $69.95
- Scosche BaseLynx EndCap Charger (opens in new tab): $39.95
- Scosche BaseLynx Modular Charging System Kit (opens in new tab): $149.95
- Scosche BaseLynx Modular Charging System Pro Kit (opens in new tab): $199.95
Some notable features include a vertical charging station that features a 18W USB-C Power Delivery connection as well as two 12W USB-A connections and the endcap charger which includes a 12W USB-A and 18W USB-C PD connection. The rest include the Qi or proprietary charging technology you would expect to charge an iPhone, Apple Watch, or AirPods. Apple is selling everything as an individual module or in two starter kits. Everything is available today on the Apple Store website (opens in new tab).
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
While I really like the modular concept, boy is it ugly and I certainly wouldn’t want it in my home.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.