Sleep++, the sleep analysis app by David Smith for the Apple Watch, has been updated to version 2.0, introducing a new sleep analysis system and more. The new system now offers better, more granular categorization for different sleep types, while the app's support for HealthKit has also been improved.
Here's what you'll find in Sleep++ 2.0:
- The sleep analysis algorithm has been completely overhauled to allow for more fine grained sleep-type characterization. It can now accurately differentiate between deep sleep, light sleep, restlessness and wakefulness. These algorithmic improvements greatly increase the usefulness of the data collected.
- The HealthKit support for the app has been greatly improved beyond the the basic data previously collected. Detailed analysis of your night is now saved in Health for further use.
- A night detail screen now provides for more clear explanation of the quality of each night, telling you when you slept well and when you were restless.
- You can now trim nights from the detail screen, useful for when you forget to stop the sleep analysis when you wake up in the morning.
- The app now more fully supports time zone changes letting you get a more consistent view of your sleep as you travel.
Sleep++ tracks and analyzes your sleep using the motion data from your Apple Watch. You wear the watch while you are sleeping; when you get up in the morning, Sleep++ will present its analysis of your sleep quality.
You'll find Sleep++ 2.0 on the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Downloaded it. Gave it access to "motion tracking", installed it on Apple Watch, opened it, says "not authorized, make sure motion tracking is on". Delete, reinstall, same thing...worthless. Sent from the iMore App
Try restarting your iPhone. I had this problem with the beta. It's a bug with HealthKit.
I cant seem to access this apps info from the health app even with write and read enabled. Any clues?
My experience it took a little time for the data to move over after allowing it. All the sudden it was just there when I checked.
I'm glad for the update. I wasn't sure what to do with the minimum data it was giving me. Didn't even differentiate between in bed and asleep in Health. Perhaps the sleep cycle patterning will be beneficial, which is really all what motion monitoring can do. I'll give it another few nights.
Before it was a good program and I liked it - now approaching great with trim and and the extra features
D Sent from the iMore App
Do try this alternative for automatic sleep tracking
Feedback would be great!
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.