War of Words is a word game similar to Scrabble or Words with Triends, only with War of Words, you can steal and blow up your opponents' words! War of Words has action tiles in addition to the traditional letter tiles. With them, you can place bombs or land mines on your opponents words, allows yourself to spell words backwards, gain an extra turn, or even have the ability to place your word anywhere on the board.
In comparison to War of Words, Scrabble and Words with Friends are so innocent.
War of Words is the next generation online crossword game. It starts with the turn-based word spelling gameplay you know and love – and adds bombs! Have you ever wanted to blow up your opponent’s words? Or maybe steal some words for yourself? Now you can.
- Start with the standard online crossword gameplay you know and love
- No longer limited to just letters – War of Words introduces Action Tiles!
- Bomb Tiles let you destroy your opponent’s letters
- Thief Tiles allow you to steal words from the other player
- Drop Land Mine Tiles to catch your opponent unaware
- Play your own Multiplier Tiles to get the score of your dreams
- Reverse Tiles let you play a word backwards
- Start Over Tiles let you start a word anywhere on the board – without connecting to another word
- Use an Extra Turn Tile to play two turns in a row
- Barricade Tiles let you block strategic locations on the board
- Shield Tiles protect areas from your opponent
- Wildcards can be multiple letters at the same time
War of Words is available on the iPhone and iPad for $1.99. There is also a free, ad-supported version available.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Scribble Together gets the coolest iOS 14 App Clip we've seen so far
Scribble Together has released its new App Clip for Scribble Together, which will allow users to collaborate on a Scribble Together whiteboard even if they don't have the app.
TikTok is being banned in the U.S. from Sunday, September 20
The U.S. Department of Commerce will ban TikTok and WeChat from U.S app stores from Sunday.
iPhone doesn't have an SD card slot, but you can use a flash drive instead!
Having a flash drive that works with your iPhone is a great little piece accessory to have in your back pocket! Here are the best options for backing up your phone.