What you need to know
- WaterField Designs has announced a new bag for taking your Mac Studio whenever you go.
- The new Mac Studio Travel Bag has space for your Mac, keyboard, mouse, and more.
- Pricing starts at $179.
The Mac Studio might not be the first Mac you think of when you consider buying a machine for portable use, but that doesn't mean it needs to be anchored to your desk. The small powerhouse is surprisingly portable when it needs to be, especially when you pair it with the stunning new Travel Bag from WaterField Designs.
Starting at $179 and available in three stunning colors, the new Mac Studio travel bag is definitely a looker. But it's functional, too, with more than enough space for your Mac, cables, keyboard, mouse, and more. If you bought a Mac Studio to use all of that Apple silicon power but need to sometimes work from different locations, this is the bag for you.
Buyers can also add one of a couple of different types of straps to their order, and the case Travel Bag itself is "made of indestructible ballistic nylon or waxed canvas with a full-grain leather." Color options include Black Leather and Chocolate Leather but it doesn't matter which you go for, it'll look great.
Who knew that a bag could make the Mac Studio the best Mac for portable work? You can keep your MacBook Pro, a Mac Studio will do just nicely! Sure, you'll need a portable monitor but you'll be the talk of Starbucks the next time you want to get some work done!
Jokes aside, there are plenty of reasons to need to move a Mac Studio around. If your job involves hybrid working, you can take a Mac Studio to the office and back home again while keeping it and its accessories safe and sound — and look stylish while you do it!
- A plush-lined Mac Studio compartment, padded with ¼-inch closed-cell foam, disperses external forces and resists compression.
- Chambers padded with ¼-inch closed-cell foam flank the Mac Studio compartment and stow cords, a sizable mouse, and a hard drive.
- An internal protective pocket stows a Magic Keyboard.
- Waterproof YKK zippers open on all three sides with dual custom zipper pulls that overlap to accommodate a lock (not included).
- A full-sized front zippered pocket fits a numeric-pad add-on, a Magic Trackpad, a medium Wacom Tablet, or other necessities.
- Two leather-lined handles distribute weight evenly for a lightweight feel.
- Metal D-rings attach to an optional strap to carry the case over one shoulder.
- 6 mm of high-grade neoprene and 1/4 -inch close-cell foam cushion the bottom for extra protection when the bag is set down.
If that sounds like something your Mac Studio needs you can order your bag right now direct from WaterField Designs. Orders are expected to ship imminently.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.