What you need to know
- Apple Arcade is getting a new Tetris game soon and it has an all-new rhythm mechanic.
- Gamers won't have to deal with ads or in-app purchases, and new music will be added monthly.
Apple has announced that Apple Arcade is getting a new Tetris game, but it isn't like any Tetris game you've played before. Tetris Beat will fuse the classic brick game with music to create an all-new rhythm game.
Set to be made available "soon," the game will come with a host of songs for people to play through with new ones being added monthly. The game will launch with tracks from Alison Wonderland, GARZA, Hannah Diamond, Octo Octa, Dauwd, CINTHIE, and many more.
In Tetris Beat, players will rotate and drop Tetriminos to the beat, keeping to the rhythm to build their biggest combo chain and score big. For Tetris fans looking for the traditional hit gameplay experience, they can try out the Marathon mode, where they can also choose the soundtrack.
Gamers can look forward to three different game modes when playing Tetris Beat.
- DROP: Rotate and drop Tetriminos to the beat. Keep to the rhythm to build the biggest combo chain and score big!
- TAP: Players choose the most strategic Ghost Piece to tap in time to the beat and lose themselves in the flow state!
- MARATHON: The traditional Tetris® gameplay experience, where players get to choose the soundtrack!
Tetris Beat will be playable on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV when it lands in the App Store. You can already register for the download now, too.
This game might not need a game controller, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider picking one up! Our roundup of the best iPhone game controllers is a great place to start your research, too!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.