What you need to know
- Nintendo already lets you transfer screenshots and videos from a Switch, but it's a pain.
- SwitchBuddy makes it quick and easy to transfer media from a Switch to an iPhone or iPad.
We all love the Nintendo Switch, but it's fair to say that the process for sending Switch screenshots to an iPhone is a real pain. It's cumbersome and it's slow and it's something that needn't be that way. And it isn't — if you use SwitchBuddy.
A free app that can be downloaded from the App Store, SwitchBuddy makes it quick and easy to get screenshots — and video! — off your Nintendo Switch and onto something where they can be more easily used. In this case, that's any iPhone or iPad. You can even choose where SwitchBuddy saves the files, too. And yes, that includes iCloud Drive so everything will sync to your Mac, too.
How it works
- Select screenshot in the Album app.
- Select "Send to Smart Device."
- Scan the first QR code with SwitchBuddy & confirm connection.
- Wait a bit for connection.
Amazingly, all of this happens for free and there aren't even any ads to deal with while SwitchBuddy is working its magic. Once you have your screenshots and videos, you can do anything you like with them. Edit them, post them to YouTube, or share them on social media. The choice is yours.
You can download SwitchBuddy from the App Store now.
Downloaded SwitchBuddy but don't have a Nintendo Switch? Check out the best Switch deals around before ordering one of your own!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.