What you need to know
- Buyers can now pre-order the abode Smart Security System for the first time.
- Those who place orders should expect to receive their kits in September.
- Kits start at £299.99.
If you live in the UK and have been eyeing up the abode Smart Security System, you're in luck. The firm has now made the kit available for pre-order for the first time.
Previously only available in the United States, the popular Smart Security System has now made its way across the pond with pricing starting at £299.99. I'm told that those placing pre-orders now should expect delivery in September, so there isn't too long to wait now.
The abode Smart Security Kit includes:
- (1) abode gateway – the hub of the system which features a 93 dB siren, 4G connectivity for cellular backup capabilities and the ability to add up to 160 smart devices.
- (2) Mini Door/Window Sensors – to protect against the most common entry point for burglars/intruders.
- (1) Motion Sensor – to provide a 110° field of motion detection and trigger motion-based alerts.
- (1) Keyfob – to provide quick and easy remote arm/disarm of the security system even if it is offline.
What's more, the whole thing supports Apple's HomeKit, too.
UK buyers can pre-order their abode Smart Security Kit right now.
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.