What you need to know
- Where To? has been updated to add support for augmented reality and more.
- Users can point their iPhones at their surroundings and see nearby locations and points of interest.
Popular location search app Where To? has been updated to version 11, bringing with it a number of improvements that start with a new augmented reality (AR) feature. Users can now point their iPhones at their surroundings and see nearby locations and points of interest.
Available as an update from the App Store now, Where To? 11 adds the augmented reality feature to all cities worldwide, not just specific places or large cities.
The new Augmented Reality (AR) view visualizes nearby locations in the live camera view, on top of reality. Users can point their iPhone at the street scene and view nearby shops and services without having to read a map or list. AR in Where To? works worldwide and is not restricted to a few supported cities as in the Apple Maps app.
There's a lot more that's gone into this release with some of the most noteworthy features including:
- Place collections with import & export
- Directions with public transport support
- Dark mode
- Context menus
- Improved "Add to Siri"
- "Open Location in Where To?" for the share sheet
- Home delivery services, more dinner menus and reservation options
- Photos in reviews
The new update also comes with a new business model. Where To? is now free in its standard form, while some features will require the PRO subscription that runs for $2.99 per year. There's a free one-week trial, too. That new AR feature is behind the PRO paywall, as are the favorites & collections and location reminders features.
Where To? 11 is available for download right now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.