ReadleDocs, the popular document editor for iPad, has been updated to 3.0 and includes many improvements such as in-document search, a 'Recents' section, completely redesigned UI, ability to view .odt files, and more.
ReaddleDocs is all-in-one document viewer and file manager for iPad.
Сatch documents from PC and Mac computers, web sites, email attachments, iDisk, Dropbox and other online file storages and even iPhones. All files are saved to your iPad locally so you can enjoy reading them anywhere!
- Copy files from Mac or PC via Wi-Fi and USB - Use iTunes file sharing to transfer files directly to your iPad via USB cable. Any Mac OS X, Windows XP/Vista/7 computer can connect to the iPad running ReaddleDocs and operate it like a wireless flash drive. No additional software is required.
- Read Office documents - ReaddleDocs' built-in viewer supports PDF, MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Apple iWork files. To read documents from other software like MS Project, Visio or OmniGraffle simply print them as PDF files and copy to ReaddleDocs.
- Save email attachments - Open attachments directly from Mail app. As usual, you can forward email with attachment to your unique Readdle Storage mail-in address and save it to your device using ReaddleDocs. Or download files directly from IMAP/POP3 enabled mail servers.
- Share files with your friends - Email files directly from ReaddleDocs. Or even transfer documents between the iPads.
- Transfer files to iPad with or without Wi-Fi - ReaddleDocs supports transferring files to your device using both EDGE or 3G network. Just upload your documents to Readdle Storage using regular Internet connection and instantly access them from the ReaddleDocs.
- Save documents from the web - Use built-in web browser to find and save files from the Web directly to your device. Save whole webpages with images to read them offline.
- Access iDisk, Dropbox, Google Docs and other storages - ReaddleDocs allows you to download and upload files from MobileMe iDisk, Dropbox, GoogleDocs and other services. If you use more than one online storage, ReaddleDocs will handle all of them. Even some home NAS drives are supported.
Here are the highlights of the update:
- In-document search for MS Office, TXT and RTF files
- New 'Recents' section with quick access to recently opened files
- PDF viewer with improved speed and stability
- Added underline and strikeout annotations for PDF
- Bookmarks for PDF files are saved inside PDF outlines now
- Completely redesigned interface
- You can now view Open Office Writer files (.odt)
- MP3 player
- Network Protocol Improvements
The good folks at Readdle have given us 5 promo codes to give away to our awesome readers! For a chance to win, just leave a comment below!
ReadleDocs for iPad is available for $4.99.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.