Daily Tip: How to change the order of alerts in Notification Center
Annoyed that, by default, Notification Center seems to displayed in Notification Center by some sort of weird app association and wondering how to get them to follow a more sensible order? If you want to change this to sort your notifications by time of arrival, then there is a very easy way to do it.
- Swipe down on your home screen and take a look at how your notifications look now
- You can see that the times are all over the place and not in any sort of order
- To change the sort order by time descending, first go to Settings
- Tap on Notifications
- Tap on By Time under the Sort Apps heading
- That’s it, all your notifications will now be in order of the time they came in, with the latest at the top of he list!
Daily Tips range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com.