Have you ever wondered how to send a text message to several people and have their replies reach the whole group? This feature is known as group messaging. To learn exactly what group messaging entails and how to enable it, follow along after the break!
Enabling group messaging is a simple task; but first, let's make sure you understand exactly what group messaging is. Basically, this setting controls whether or not the complete address list is sent to everyone in the group.
- When OFF, each recipient will be unaware that anyone else received the same message.
- If you have group messaging set to ON, but your recipient does not, then that recipient will not see the group list.
- If both you and the recipient have group messaging enabled, then all recipients are displayed.
- When a recipient of the message replies, it is sent to all members of the group.
- All messages are included in a single thread and the senders' names will be displayed above each message.
- If Group Messaging is enabled, messages sent to the group are billed as a single message.
Now that it's understood what all that group messaging entails, how do you enable it? Simple:
- Launch Settings
- Tap Messages
- Toggle "Group Messaging" to ON
There you have it! Now you're ready to partake in group text conversations. Have fun and let us know if you have any questions!
UPDATE: Our commenters have pointed out that this feature appears to be
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to [email protected]. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)