The Apple Watch is both a gadget and a fashion accessory, and that means interchangeable bands!
No matter what version Apple Watch you purchased, you can buy additional bands that fit the many different aspects of your lifestyle. If you're heading to the gym, for example, you can switch to a sport band. If you're heading for an evening out, the Milanese or Classic Buckle might be a better option. Best of all, the process for changing bands is super simple as long as you know how!
How to change out the bands on your Apple Watch
- Remove your Apple Watch from your wrist and turn it over so you can see the back.
- There are two small buttons at the top and the bottom of the back of the watch.
- Push in the top button using your fingertip and then slide out the top portion of the band, you can slide left or right.
- Repeat the same process with the bottom.
- Slide in the top and bottom pieces of your new band and you're done!
Bonus: How to swap link bracelets more easily
If you have the stainless steel link band, and you're finding it hard to get your finger inside to push the bottom, there's a way to make your life a little easier.
Pick any link that has a button on it, press the button, and remove the link. This is the same procedure you'd use to resize the band to fit your wrist, but it also separates the band into two pieces. Once the band is separated, it's easy to get your fingers inside and to push the release button and swap the band.