Safari for iOS 7 allows you to keep up to two-dozen or more tabs open at the same time. That's fantastic... until you want to close them all and quickly. Then you're either touching-and-flinging cards (iPhone and iPod touch) or tapping little X icons, over and over and over again. Luckily, there's a great work-around that lets you close all the tabs you have, all at once. Here's how!
How to close all your iOS 7 Safari tabs, all at once
- Launch the Safari app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the all windows button in the lower right hand corner of the bottom navigation bar.
- Now tap on Private in the bottom navigation.
- Now tap on Close All.
That's all there is to it. All open Safari tabs will be closed instantly. If you'd like to turn off Private Browsing, just tap on the Private button one more time. You can of course still clear selective ones out by just swiping if you'd like. This is just a handy way to get rid of all tabs if you've got lots of them open.
How to get more help with iOS 7 Safari
- How to find web pages, bookmarks, history, and 'on this page' with smart search in iOS 7 Safari
- How to use private browsing in iOS 7 Safari
- How to quickly close all iOS 7 Safari tabs in just a few taps
- How to access iCloud Tabs in iOS 7 Safari for iPhone
- How to set up and use Reading Lists in iOS 7 Safari
- How to use the Shared Links in iOS 7 Safari
- How to block adult websites and other pages from iOS 7 Safari
- How to block cookies and stop websites from tracking you in iOS 7 Safari
- How to clear history and cookies in iOS 7 Safari
- How to clear stored website data in iOS 7 Safari