Notification Center, Apple's easy to pull down repository for all your alerts, includes a Today view that gives you day and date, next appointment, next destination, calendar list, reminders, stocks, an tomorrow's highlight all at a quick glance. But what if you just don't care about weather or stocks? What if calendar's on the Today view just aren't your thing? Well, you can customize Notification Center's Today view to show you only those things that matter to you!
How to personalize the Today section of Notification Center on iPhone and iPad
- Launch Settings from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on Notification Center.
- Under Today View you can turn items Off that you don't want to appear at all.
- Today Summary shows you your next appointment.
- Next Destination shows you anywhere you typically go around the current time and how long it will likely take to get you there.
- Calendar Day View shows you a list of the day's events.
- Reminders shows you a list of the day's tasks.
- Stocks shows you recent values for your securities.
- Tomorrow shows you high level summary of what's next.
- If you want to rearrange items, just tap the Edit button in the upper right hand corner and then drag the moveable items around where you want them.
Since you can easily toggle the individual sections on or off you can play around and test different configurations and figure out what works best for you!
How to get more help with Notification Center
If you need more help setting up, using, or trouble-shooting Notification Center on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac, head on over to our iOS forum and ask away!
- How to use Lock screen notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- How to access Notification Center on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- How to disable Notification Center on the Lock screen of your iPhone and iPad
- How to use Notification Center banners, popups, and alerts
- How to enable Do Not Disturb
- How to schedule Do Not Disturb for specific times
- How to customize Do Not Disturb settings
- How to disable Lock screen alerts in Notification Center
- How to disable banners and pop-up alerts in Notification Center
- How to disable app icon badges in Notification Center
- How to disable sounds in Notification Center
- How to customize the Today view on Notification Center for iPhone and iPad
- How to automatically sort Notification Center alerts by date and time
- How to manually sort Notification Center alerts by app
- How to use the flash on your iPhone as a LED notification light