How to pause, play, skip, and shuffle tracks with Siri
Not only can Siri play songs, albums, and playlists from the built-in Music app on your iPhone or iPad, it can also interact with what you're currently playing. Basic commands like play, pause, skip, and shuffle may be easy when you're sitting around casually listening to music, but if you're driving, Siri lets you keep your hands on the wheel.
How to ask Siri to pause, play, skip, and shuffle music on your iPhone or iPad
- Press and hold the Home button on your iPhone or iPad to launch Siri while music is already playing.
- Pause - Say something like "Pause." or "Stop playing music."
- Resume playback Say something like "Resume music playback." or "Continue playing music."
- Shuffle - Simply say "Shuffle." while music is already playing or say something like "Play the Torches album on shuffle." Basically, you're just appending on shuffle to whatever you'd like Siri to shuffle, whether it be a playlist or a specific album.
- Skip tracks - Say something like "Skip this track."
- Go back - Say something like "Play the previous track." in order to play a track again — useful when you accidentally skip a track or want to hear a song again.
There are lots of basic commands that you can tell Siri to perform when it comes to interacting with the built-in Music app. If you've found any cool or particularly useful ones aside from the ones listed above, be sure to leave them in the comments!