Time to set up some manual contacts and calendar accounts.
While most online mail services offer comprehensive calendar and contact services, sometimes you have separate accounts you need to add. Whether you want to subscribe to a local sports calendar or have access to a CardDAV or LDAP account, it's easy to set them up on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Here's how.
How to set up CalDAV, CardDAV, or a subscribed calendar
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Select the account you wish to configure.
- Enter in your service information. If you don't know it off-hand, you'll need to get it from a system administrator or whomever runs your CalDAV or CardDAV account.
- Tap the Next button in the upper right hand corner, and your device will verify the account.
- If everything looks right, tap on Done. Your account will now start syncing with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Running into trouble? Let us know in the comments and we'll try and help troubleshoot.
Ally Kazmucha contributed to an earlier version of this article.