Want to listen to Beats 1 or Apple Music while falling asleep but don't want it to keep you up? There's a timer for that!
If you like to listen to music while falling asleep, both Beats 1 and Apple Music can be really attractive options. With Beats 1 you get an old-fashioned radio experience wrapped up in all the latest technology, and with Apple Music you get access to all the songs the online library and your own collection can provide. But how do you stop the music when you've fallen asleep and there's no one left to listen? Luckily, the iPhone and iPad have a sleep timer built right in!
How to set a sleep timer on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Once you have the music you want playing:
- Launch the Clock app from your Home screen.
- Tap the Timer tab.
- Using the picker, set the amount of time you want let the music play.
- Tap When Timer Ends.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Stop Playing.
- Tap Set at the top right.
- Tap Start to begin the timer.
When the timer ends, so will your music, and hopefully your sleep will have blissfully begun.