How to sign up for iMore and add your own custom avatar
iMore 2.0 will be bringing you a ton of great new features, but one of the ones you can enjoy right now is our fancy new registration and login system, the glorious way it integrates with both the blog comments and the iMore Forums, and awesome way it lets you share the same avatar between the two.
Setting is all up is a breeze. Sadly, until iOS 6 and Safari uploads are generally available, you'll need to use a desktop browser to actually upload your custom avatar file, but everything else you can do just as easily on iOS.
- Click/tap on Register or Login Here at the very top right of the page, directly beneath the Mobile Nations logo.
- If you already have an iMore account, simply log in. If you don't, enter the username you'd like, your email address, and enter and confirm your password, and fill out the CAPTCHA so we know you're not a robot (or at least not an evil robot).
- Our VISOR platform (my nickname for it!) will make sure everything is good, and show you big happy green checkmarks if so. (If you get a sad, red X, it means your username is taken and you'll have to pick another, or your email address was already used, and you can have the password reminder tool send you your login.)
- Once you're logged in, click/tap on Forums in the top menu bar.
- Click/tap on the User CP (control panel) drop down, middle left and choose Edit Avatar.
- If the Use Custom Avatar button isn't selected, click/tap on it to make it selected.
- Enter the URL of your avatar if it's already store someplace online, or on a Mac or Windows PC (or iOS 6 Safari, when it's released), click on Choose File.
- Select the avatar you want to upload.
- Click/tap on Save Changes.
- And you're done!
Now you'll not only be able to add an insightful comment to an iMore article, or join the amazing -- and amazingly helpful -- discussions on the iMore Forums, you'll be able to do it in style.
Once you're signed up, add a comment below so we can see how it worked for you! Then, if you want to win an Olloclip. Gilf, and $50 worth of photo apps, go enter the Great iMore Avatar Race!
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!