How to setup calendar accounts using CalDAV on your iPhone and iPad
While iOS makes it easy to add popular calendar accounts to your iPhone or iPad, you can manually add any calendar that supports the open CalDAV standard as well. For example, if you're using the Gmail app for your Google mail, you might want to use CalDAV to add your Google Calendar to Apple's built-in Calendar app. If you're running our own calendar server, CalDAV is what you'll want as well. As long as you have the login information for the CalDAV account, you're good to go.
How to add a CalDAV account to your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap on Add Account... under the Mail section.
- Tap on Other.
- Tap on Add CalDAV Account under the Other section.
- Enter all the information necessary for your CalDAV account. If you don't know this information, you'll need to get it from a system administrator or from whoever set up your CalDAV account.
- Tap the Next button in the upper right hand corner and your iPhone or iPad will verify the account.
- If everything looks right, just tap on Done and that's it. Your CalDAV account will now start syncing with your iPhone or iPad.
If you get CalDAV working on your iPhone or iPad, let me know how you like it!