iDevices has announced that their upcoming HomeKit-enabled Switch will be available in October from Lowe's retail locations, and from the Lowe's website.
The iDevices Switch, an upcoming HomeKit-enabled smart plug, will launch this October. The Switch will be available for purchase from hardware and home improvement chain Lowe's, both in their retail stores and online.
The Switch plugs into a standard electrical socket, enabling you to turn on the many plug-in appliances around your home like lights, stereos, and fans. As with other HomeKit devices, the Switch allows you to create different "scenes", specific groups of appliances that can be controlled as a group. All of this is controlled from the iDevices Connected app, available now on the App Store.
iDevices Announces Switch Availability at Lowe's
Avon, Conn. – June 24, 2015 – iDevices®, the preeminent brand and development partner in the Internet of Things (IoT) market, announces its highly anticipated HomeKit™-enabled product, the iDevices Switch, will be available in select Lowe's stores nationwide and at Lowes.com starting October 2015.
This HomeKit-enabled plug provides the ultimate in convenience, comfort and security by allowing user to control their homes using the free iDevices Connected app for iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®. Explore the iDevices Switch at http://idevicesinc.com/switch/.
iDevices Switch Features
- HomeKit-Enabled - Apple HomeKit technology provides an easy, secure way to control your iDevices Switch from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- All You Need – The iDevices Switch does not require an external hub or subscription fees and works right out of the box with a simple and straightforward connection process.
- Siri® – It responds to Siri, letting you control your home directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Easy To Use - You can set up your iDevices Switch from the iDevices Connected app directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in a few easy steps.
- Create Custom Events and Schedules – Through the iDevices Connected app, users are able to design custom events (or schedules) that fit their lifestyle. The iDevices Switch has the unique ability to remember events and make sure they happen even when the user is away.
- Create 'Scenes' – With Apple's HomeKit technology, users are able to group multiple products and actions together into what's called a 'Scene'. For example, your "Going To Bed" scene, might turn off your bedroom lights and turn on your bedroom fan.
- Personalize Your App – Users can upload photos of their home, rooms and products to the iDevices Connected app to add a personal touch and improve visual navigation.
Switch will be available at select Lowe's stores nationwide and at Lowes.com in October 2015.