Tekzilla How To: Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones in iTunes
Tekzilla co-host Veronica Belmont explains the step-by-step process of converting an iTunes song into a ringtone... right in iTunes.
Check out the video for all the details, and Tekzilla Daily for many more helpful how-to's. Text highlights after the jump!
- Go to Preferences (under iTunes on Mac, Edit on Windows)
- Set import settings to AAC
- Select the song you want to use as your ringtone
- Right click and choose "Get Info" (cmd/ctrl-i)
- Pick the Option tab
- Set the start and stop time for your ringtone (no more than 30 seconds total!)
- Right click the song again and choose "Create AAC Version"
- When your 30 second extract pops up in iTunes (under the same name, check carefully!), select it
- Right click the new 30 second extract and choose "Reveal in Finder/Windows Explorer (cmd/ctrl-r)
- Change the extension from .m4a to .m4r
- Import or drag and drop it back into iTunes, and voila, you have your new ringtone!