Adobe has released a version of its Photoshop Touch app specifically for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new app offers some powerful features for an app that is designed to be used on a small screen like layers and filters to dramatically improve your photographs. Adobe Photoshop Touch has been available for a while now on the iPad but today sees the release of a separate version specifically for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Bring the fun and creative possibilities of Adobe® Photoshop® software to your iPhone and iPod Touch with Adobe Photoshop Touch. Transform your images with core Photoshop features. Combine images, apply professional effects, and share results with friends and family through Facebook and Twitter — all from the convenience of your iPhone and iPod Touch. Enjoy most of the same features as the iPad version:
- Use popular Photoshop features, such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters, to create mind-blowing images.
- Improve your photos using classic Photoshop features to bring out the best in your photography.
- Apply precise tone and color adjustments to your entire composition, a particular layer, or a select area.
- Create something other-worldly using painting effects, filter brushes, and so much more. With Photoshop Touch, the creative possibilities are endless.
- Make your images pop with graphical text. Apply strokes, add drop shadows and fades, and more.
- Take advantage of your device’s camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique Camera Fill feature.
- Quickly combine images together. Select part of an image to extract just by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With the Refine Edge feature, use your fingertip to easily capture hard-to-select image elements, like hair.
- Start a project on your iPhone or iPod Touch and finish it on your iPad or back in Photoshop at your desk using a free membership to Adobe Creative Cloud. Your projects are automatically synced between your devices.
- Free membership to Creative Cloud provides 2GB of cloud storage.
Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Images up to 12 megapixels are supported.
- $4.99 - Download now
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone is only available for the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5th generation and your device must be running at least iOS 6. Some of the features are dependant on you already having Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 or above running on your Mac or PC or Adobe Photoshop Touch for tablet.
If you pick this one up, make sure to let us know how you find editing pictures on the iPhone.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Cast your vote for the best products of the year for the Future Tech Awards
We’re asking iMore readers, to vote on the best products and professionals in multiple categories to help us honor the ground-breaking innovations at the Future Tech Awards.
Review — Does Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise provide a good workout?
Exercise games are all the rage this year as we're stuck inside. If you're looking for something that will make you work up a sweat, you should check out Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise.
Benchmarks show M1 runs Windows 10 faster than Surface Pro X
An AWS engineer has run Windows 10 on the new M1 Apple silicon chip, and performance benchmarks reveal that it blows the Surface Pro X out of the water.
Your Mac holds your digital life, so make sure to back it up!
One of the most important things you should be doing with your Mac is backing up all of its data. Here are some of our favorite solutions for backing up your most important files, should anything ever happen.