Now that we have Harvey's Island Plaza in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, there are so many new things we can do. For instance, Cyrus and Reese set up shop and let you customize items that you couldn't customize on your own. You just have to unlock Cyrus first and have the necessary amount of Bells to pay for each customization job. Here's everything you need to know about the Animal Crossing Cyrus customization business.
How to unlock Cyrus and customization
All of the customization features are what makes this one of the best Nintendo Switch games out there. To further you customization experience, you need to unlock Cyrus first. Here's how.
- Have 100,000 Bells on you. If you need help, there are some things you can do to make money fast.
- Go to the airport on your island and travel to Harvey's Island.
- When you land, head past his house and run into the plaza on the right.
- Harvey will talk to you and tell you about the plaza. When he's done talking, you'll see Lloids standing around in a circle. Talk to the one in the back next to the little windmill.
- Pay the Lloyd 100,000 Bells.
- Come back to Harvey's Island the next day to find that Reese and Cyrus have set up shop.
How to customize items with Cyrus
You must have an item in your inventory in order for Cyrus to customize it. That being the case, make sure you travel to Harvey's Island with all of the items you want to have customized.
- Talk to Cryus and select "I sure am!"
- Select the item from your inventory that you want him to customize.
- If it can be altered, a stylized R will appear in the lower left corner of the icon. (The R is for Re-Tail, a store that existed in previous Animal Crossing games).
- Choose the color, label, or any other customization options available to you.
- Select Order.
- Select Yes!
Cyrus will take your item, customize it, and hand it right back. Now you can move on to your next customization job if you have one.
That's the way I like it
Unfortunately, not everything can be customized, but more items, furniture, and food can be customized than ever before. You'll just have to try it and see if the item you want to change has any other options available.
More Animal fun
More things to do
Now that the final free update for Animal Crossing has dropped, the only way to keep the fun going with new content is buy purchasing the DLC. You acquire a day job where you create vacation homes for villagers. There are new items, new characters, and new locations to discover.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Gaming aficionado Rebecca Spear is iMore's dedicated gaming editor with a focus on Nintendo Switch and iOS gaming. You’ll never catch her without her Switch or her iPad Air handy. If you’ve got a question about Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, or just about any other Nintendo series check out her guides to help you out. Rebecca has written thousands of articles in the last six years including hundreds of extensive gaming guides, previews, and reviews for both Switch and Apple Arcade. She also loves checking out new gaming accessories like iPhone controllers and has her ear to the ground when it comes to covering the next big trend.