Animal Crossing: New Horizons latest update is live now, giving island-goers a whole slate of new activities to explore. From Harv's Island to Brewster's Roost, there's no shortage of new things to do. While traversing through your island checking out all of the new stuff, you might get tired of having to constantly take out your ladder to climb a cliff.
Thankfully, there's now a solution, as a Ladder Set-Up Kit Recipe has been added so you can build permanent ladders anywhere you like. Here's how to do it.
How to build a permanent ladder in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Head over to your local Nook's Cranny and take a look inside the cabinet that holds umbrellas, planets, etc.
- Scroll down to the Ladder Set-Up Kit Recipe and purchase it. The asking price is 2,000 Bells, so make sure you have the cash.
- Go into your inventory and click the DIY card to learn the recipe. The ladder will then appear with the rest of your DIY recipes.
- To build the wooden ladder kit, you'll need five pieces of wood, not hardwood or softwood. so gather those materials.
- Once you have all the materals, head to your usual crafting table and select the Wooden ladder set-up kit from your recipes.
- Now that you have the kit, find a cliffside spot on your island where you want to place a ladder.
- Once you've found the right spot, grab it from your inventory, and voila! A ladder has appeared.
Congratulations! You now know how to build permanent ladders on your Animal Crossing island. The best part is the game doesn't limit how many ladders you can create, so fill those cliffsides, so you'll never have to worry about not moving up in your world.
Build your way to the top
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is one of the best-selling games on the Nintendo Switch, and with good reason considering how much freedom the game allows its players. If you are a new Switch owner and haven't explored your New Horizons, we can't recommend this new Animal Crossing enough.
More island life
I want to work!
You've got to earn those bells now that you've got so much more to buy. If you love decorating, this is the best way to do it, with the Happy Home Paradise expansion for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!