What you need to know
- Apple One is Apple's new subscription bundle, including Apple Music and iCloud.
- Some people were worried that their use of different logins across both services would be a problem.
- But that doesn't seem to be the case, thankfully.
The arrival of Apple One, the company's new services bundle, is something we've been waiting for and it'll finally happen this fall. But with Apple Music, iCloud, and more all under one roof some people saw a potential problem – they use different logins for different services.
That's a situation that has been further confused by the fact Apple has changed the name of iCloud a couple of times, with accounts morphing from .Mac to MobileMe before settling on iCloud. But thankfully, it seems Apple One will cope just fine no matter what your particular account-holding situation might be.
That's the impression we've given by Chris Espinosa, a long-time Apple employee who replied to a question by Microsoft's top cloud watcher Christina Warren.
The Apple One bundles, when available, include:
- Individual includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage for $14.95 per month. Savings: around $6/month.
- Family includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage for $19.95 per month, and can be shared among up to six family members. Savings: around $8/month.
- Premier, where available, includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+, and 2TB of iCloud storage for $29.95 per month, and can be shared among up to six family members. Savings: $25/month. If you're an individual, you'll still save $20/month here.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
More smartphone makers to follow Apple in ditching headphones from boxes
A recent DigiTimes report includes an indication that more smartphone makers will follow Apple's lead in ditching headphones from their smartphone boxes, a move that will benefit sales of true wireless products.
The MagSafe Charger may leave a circular imprint on leather iPhone cases
According to a new Apple Support document, the company is warning those who use a leather case with their iPhone of potential imprints.
Apple Stores get huge neon window dressing to celebrate iPhone 12 launch
Some Apple Stores now have some huge, neon window dressings as the company releases iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro to the world.
Protect your iPad Air 4 and add some personal flair with a great case
The iPad Air 4 is a powerful tablet that will let you do work, play games, and get creative. If you want to get the most out of your iPad Air 4, a well-designed case will go a long way.