What you need to know
- On TrueDepth iPhones and iPad Pro, you can now use Memoji and Animoji in Clips.
- Stickers and Emoji can now also use TrueDepth to follow facial movements.
- New "Let it Snow" poster and seven new Mickey and Minnie stickers.
- Right-to-left language support for Arabic and Hebrew.
Apple has just pushed out an update to Clips, the company's social video app that lets you quickly, easily, create and share through iMessage, Instagram, Snapchat, or any other way you like.
Here's what's new:
- A "Let it Snow" poster that beautifully captures the feeling of winter weather.
- Seven new Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse stickers.
- Support for right-to-left languages including Arabic and Hebrew.
I'm still waiting on non-square video formats. I'd love at least 1080p 16:9, 2:1, and some vertical format for Insta. But, baby steps.
Let me know how you like it and link me your Clips!
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.
I want my photo clips to be full screen so that you can see the whole picture but it automatically crops it down to a square is there a way to have your clips full screen portrait ?
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.