Every year when Apple puts out a new iPhone, Austin takes it somewhere jaw-dropping to test out the camera, like Iceland or the Sahara, and then he posts a review of everything he likes and, yeah, doesn't like about the new sensor, chipset, and software. And when he's not doing that, he's traveling around the world shooting famous places, famous faces, and capturing awe-inspiring moments from pretty much anywhere and everywhere.
I had a chance to meet up with him when he was in Montreal a couple of months back and had so much fun chatting I asked him if he'd come back so we could chat with all of you as well.
He was gracious enough to say yes — and here's what I asked him.
- What traditional camera gear do you shoot with these days?
- There are a lot of good camera phones on the market now, what keeps you on the iPhone?
- What do you think about the advent of computational photography? Portrait Mode, Smart HDR, Night Vision?
- What's your iPhone photography workflow like?
- What advice can you give people who are just starting out taking photos and want to improve?
- What advice can you give pros who are looking to take it next level?
- What was it like judging the #ShotOniPhone challenge?
Hit play on the video above to see all the answers!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Foxconn maintains that it will have a factory in Wisconsin eventually
Despite how it might look, Foxconn still thinks that it will one day have a factory up and running in Wisconsin.
Apple shareholders urged to vote for proposal on freedom of expression
Non-profit advocacy group SumOfUs has urged Apple's shareholders to vote in favor of a proposal that would force its Board of Directors to report annually regarding the company's policies regarding freedom of expression and access to information.
Apple shared the infamous '1984' Superbowl ad 36 years ago today
It was the day that a computer became a household name.
Lighting is crucial to photos — get the best shot with these portable LEDs
Shine a light on your phone’s snapshots with these iPhoneography accessories!