Every week at iMore we publish more breaking news, in-depth reviews, helpful how-tos, and editorial views than you can shake an apple at. While we're waiting for the week that will be to begin, here's a look back at the week that was, and at the very best iPhone, iPad, Mac, app, and accessory coverage we brought you! This week we had some very special guests, started our month of iOS 8 wants, got a new Apple executive, told you everything you needed to know about Notification Center, and helped set expectations of WWDC 2014
- iMore show 400: We give you a look back at 10 minutes of highlights from 7 years of our show, then bring on some old friends to celebrate what's coming next.
- MacBreak Weekly 400: The Return of the Rathole: TWiT also celebrated big number four-double-oh this week, and with a return visit from Merlin Mann.
- Vector 38: Cord cutting: If you've ever been tempted to find alternatives to cable or satellite TV, this show tells you everything you need to know.
- iOS 8 wants: Files.app + DocumentPicker, because file handling on iPhone and iPad has hit a brick wall: File handling might not be the sexiest tentpole on a slide but it's something that matters a lot to many people and iOS needs to get better at it.
- iOS 8 wants: Better email attachment handling: Once file handling is solved, other things like file attachments become easier.
- The new MacBook Air is cheaper and faster, but is it worth buying?: Apple has updated the MacBook Air with minor Haswell chipset bumps but also $100 price cuts, so does that change Peter's buying recommending?
- MacBook Air vs. (mythical) Retina MacBook Air: Should you buy now or wait?: And now that the MacBook Air line has been updated, should you jump on it or wait for the rumored 12-inch Retina model?
- Why I'm ditching Beats Music and going back to Rdio: Ally's story of trying to find one music service to rule them all. And getting frustrated by the choices available,
- Verdict reached in Apple v. Samsung case, $120 million damages to Apple: Apple wanted to make an example out of Samsung for slavishly copying so many things. So how did that work out?
- No iWatch, Apple TV hardware at WWDC: When's the last time Apple used WWDC to announce new mass-market hardware?
- Apple reportedly pulling designers off iOS 8 to finish OS X 10.10 refresh: iOS got its redesign last year, this year it's all about OS X.
- Taking in your iPhone 5 for the sleep button fix but really want to upgrade to an iPhone 5s? There may be a $350 trade in for you!: If you're not holding out for an iPhone 6, Apple has some extra trade-in money for you.
- Angela Ahrendts leaves fashion for Apple as new svp of online and retail stores: She's arrived. Finally.
- Snapchat updated with text chat and video calling: Hopefully this prevents 93% of embarrassing celebrity sexts from becoming public...
- What's on Ally's Mac menu bar right now!: Because Ally couldn't live by Dock alone, here's what she uses in her Mac menu bar.
- Google Docs and Sheets get their own iPhone and iPad apps: Just like the iWork and Office apps... only not quite as good yet. But, Google!
- Best photo and video storage apps for iPhone and iPad: Flickr, Dropbox, 500px, and more!: Looking for the best apps to keep your photos and videos safe and make them look amazing? Here they are!
- Best iPad apps for writers: Editorial, Dropbox, Mindly, and more!: If you're looking to write on the iPad, here's what you need to get started!
- How to use Notification Center for iPhone and iPad: The ultimate guide: Everything you need to know about to truly master Notification Center on iOS 7.
- AMBER Alerts on your iPhone: What they are and how to manage them: If you've been woken up in the middle of the night by an iPhone alarm, this is why and why it matters.
- How to protect your Mac using FileVault 2 encryption: If you have personal data on a laptop, this will help keep it safer.
- How to setup and use text shortcuts on iPhone and iPad: Tapping out the same thing over and over again is boring. Let iOS do the heavy, repetitive typing chores!
Your most important story of the week?
That's just some of what we published last week. What do you consider the most important story? Did we list it or did we miss it? Let me know!
Cast your vote for the best products of the year for the Future Tech Awards
We’re asking iMore readers, to vote on the best products and professionals in multiple categories to help us honor the ground-breaking innovations at the Future Tech Awards.
Review — Does Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise provide a good workout?
Exercise games are all the rage this year as we're stuck inside. If you're looking for something that will make you work up a sweat, you should check out Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise.
Benchmarks show M1 runs Windows 10 faster than Surface Pro X
An AWS engineer has run Windows 10 on the new M1 Apple silicon chip, and performance benchmarks reveal that it blows the Surface Pro X out of the water.
Find love on Valentines Day with these dating simulators on Nintendo Switch
Love is always in the air when you're playing a dating simulator game. Here are the best ones for Nintendo Switch.