What you need to know
- Pachinko has finalized its cast and set a production start date.
- Production will cross continents and begin on October 26.
- The series follows the story of multiple generations of a Korean family.
Reported by Deadline, Apple has set the cast and production start date for Pachinko, its epic international drama series based on the bestselling novel by Min Jin Lee. Production has been set to begin on October 26, with shoots scheduled across the world.
The series is written and produced by Soo Hugh, who is also show running the anticipated series. Pachinko follows the story of four generations of a Korean immigrant family and will be told in three different languages.
Here is the breakdown of the cast, nicely put together by the report:
- Min Ho Lee (Boys Over Flowers, The Heirs) will play Hansu, an enigmatic outsider and merchant with ties to organized crime who embarks on an illicit romance with far-reaching consequences.
- Jin Ha (Devs, Love Life) is Solomon, an ambitious, charming young man who will be forced to reckon with his family's past.
- Anna Sawai (Fast & Furious 9, Ninja Assassin) portrays Naomi, a savvy career woman in the male-dominated world of high finance.
- Minha Kim (Call, After Spring) is set as Teenage Sunja, a heroic young woman on the cusp who forges her own path in a hardened country that is not her own.
- Soji Arai (Cobra Kai, Legacies) is Mosazu, a dedicated father and successful businessman, concerned for his son's future.
- Kaho Minami (Angel Dust, Household X) plays Etsuko, a vibrant, independent woman who longs to be reunited with her estranged daughter.
Kogonada and Justin Chon have signed on to direct the series, breaking up responsibilities across episodes. There is currently no idea of when the series might premiere on Apple TV+.
100% exclusive content for the price of a cup of coffee.
With TV+, you can watch well-produced, big-budget TV shows from famed directors, and starring award-winning actors and actresses across all your Apple devices and with up to six members of your Family Sharing group.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.