The Competition: Palm webOS 1.3.5 Brings Speed, not iTunes Hackery
So according to sibling site, PreCentral.net, Palm is now updating all proud Pre and Pixi devices to webOS 1.3.5, but among the list of features we can't help but notice...:
- App limit fixed.
- App Catalog downloads continue even after leaving the app's page.
- App purchases have been expanded to US territories (sorry Europe, Canada, etc).
- Switching between days in Calendar is now faster.
- Sprint Navigation can be launched from a Contact.
- Palm Profile app restores happen in the background, letting the user get to the phone faster.
- Future webOS updates can be downloaded over 2G wireless (1xRTT).
- Notifications now work in landscape mode (which has strangely lost the rounded corners).
...the utter lack of iTunes sync hackery. Congrats Palm! Here's hoping you can enjoy some OpenGL gaming in the near future, and a Verizon launch asap.
What, wait, they're getting on Verizon before the iPhone?! And another update while we still wait for
iPhone 3.2 iPhone 4.0!
(I know Palm -- and Dieter! -- did this deliberately just to mess with us during the Smartphone Round Robin!)
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.