Continuity and Handoff are both new iOS 8 features that make for a more seamless experience than ever when it comes to using multiple devices. Continuity lets you answer phone calls that come in on your iPhone on your iPad, and soon on your Mac as well through Yosemite. Handoff, one of the major elements of Continuity, lets you start a task on one device, and pick up where you left off on another. Unfortunately, some folks seem to be having issues using either of them after upgrading to iOS 8. Luckily, there's a pretty easy fix!
How to fix Continuity and Handoff issues with iOS 8
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Handoff & Suggested Apps.
- Turn the Handoff option Off and then back On again.
- Tap General at the top to return to the previous menu.
- Tap Settings at the top to return to the previous menu.
- Tap on FaceTime.
- Turn the iPhone Cellular Calls option Off and then back On again.
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
- Repeat this process with every device you'd like to use.
- Try placing a test call to see if the issue is resolved.
For most folks, this seems to be solving the problem. Keep in mind that both your iPhone and iPad must be running iOS 8 and be supported. Per Apple's website:
So give the fix above a try and let me know in the comments if it worked for you!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
iMore senior editor from 2011 to 2015.