Continuity and Handoff are both new iOS 8 features that make for a more seamless experience than ever when it comes to using multiple devices. Continuity lets you answer phone calls that come in on your iPhone on your iPad, and soon on your Mac as well through Yosemite. Handoff, one of the major elements of Continuity, lets you start a task on one device, and pick up where you left off on another. Unfortunately, some folks seem to be having issues using either of them after upgrading to iOS 8. Luckily, there's a pretty easy fix!
How to fix Continuity and Handoff issues with iOS 8
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Handoff & Suggested Apps.
- Turn the Handoff option Off and then back On again.
- Tap General at the top to return to the previous menu.
- Tap Settings at the top to return to the previous menu.
- Tap on FaceTime.
- Turn the iPhone Cellular Calls option Off and then back On again.
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
- Repeat this process with every device you'd like to use.
- Try placing a test call to see if the issue is resolved.
For most folks, this seems to be solving the problem. Keep in mind that both your iPhone and iPad must be running iOS 8 and be supported. Per Apple's website:
Continuity features are available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPod touch (5th generation).
So give the fix above a try and let me know in the comments if it worked for you!
Apple VP Deirdre O’Brien talks adjusting Apple Retail during the pandemic
O'Brien talked about the company's experience in adapting its business to the pandemic at the Fortune Brainstorm Tech virtual conference.
Julianna Margulies, star of 'The Good Wife,' signs on to 'The Morning Show'
Margulies, who has earned nominations for 10 Emmy Awards and 12 Golden Globe Awards, will star alongside Witherspoon and Aniston.
Cast your vote for the best products of the year for the Future Tech Awards
We’re asking iMore readers, to vote on the best products and professionals in multiple categories to help us honor the ground-breaking innovations at the Future Tech Awards.
Find love with these dating simulators on Nintendo Switch
Love is always in the air when you're playing a dating simulator game. Here are the best ones for Nintendo Switch.