Mornings -- and long days -- are rough on people. To help get through them, some of us turn to glorious coffee. For many, that has, is, and will forever be Dunkin' Donuts. Looking to offer customers more choice and presumably keep up with those hipster kids at Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts has now released their mobile payment and gifting app, and packed it with helpful if familiar features.
- Purchase, manage, and reload a Dunkin’ Donuts Card: Guests can purchase a new mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card (selecting from multiple designs for many occasions), add money to an existing card, and view all previous card transactions. The Dunkin’ Mobile App supports American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and PayPal.
- Pay right from the app using a virtual Dunkin’ Donuts Card: Guests can purchase Dunkin’ Donuts products with the Dunkin’ App by simply tapping the mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card and presenting the screen to the crew member to be scanned. Balances are updated immediately after purchase.
- Send an mGift: Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can be sent to friends, family, or colleagues via email, text, or Facebook. Dunkin’ Donuts is now the only national coffee retailer to offer people all of these options for sending an mGift. Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can be sent in denominations between $2 and $100.
- Locate the nearest Dunkin’ Donuts: A detailed restaurant locator makes it easy to find directions to and information about local Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants, including store hours, in-store Wi-Fi, drive-thru availability, and more.
- Find nutritional information: The Dunkin’ App makes nutritional facts available for guests’ favorite Dunkin’ Donuts menu items.
- Link to Dunkin’ Donuts’ social media communities: Dunkin' Donuts is actively engaged within leading social media channels, with more than 6.8 million Facebook fans and 160,000 Twitter followers. Easy links to “Like” Dunkin’ Donuts on Facebook or follow @DunkinDonuts on Twitter can be found in the “Social” section of the Dunkin’ App.
Sure, Dunkin' Donuts doesn't have a massive deal with Square but they still sell a ton of coffee and having an app that can potentially speed up the process of obtaining it is a good thing for everyone.
What's not good however is the fact the app is available only in the U.S. and some Dunkin' Donuts shops don't have the scanners needed to make it useful.
Free - Download now (opens in new tab)
Source: Dunkin' Donuts; via CIO
Editor-at-Large at Mobile Nations, gadget junkie, energy drinker, ranter.
I'm in California and i don't think they have any DDs in the state or many west of the Miss. Update: Wikipedia says there are only 75 locations west of Mississippi. Yeah i don't see any in Cali. funny cause they have a location in Islamabad, Pakistan. lol. Well at least here in Cali, it's not much competition. But hey good for them. Honestly, when i lived near DD I never much liked their coffee. I ended up buying coffee from White Hen Pantry.
I dwld'd this app today myself, as i frequent Dd's approx 3 times a week for just a hot coffee or an iced coffee, depending on my mood. this will indeed come in handy instead of breakin out my debit card every time!! While i was in there today getting my coffee, i even helped the young lady that served me find the app for her iPhone in the app store too :)
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.